What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists help restore the body back to optimal function after injury or damage. We assess the problem, determine the best solution and implement the outcome.
We make use of various techniques including: manual therapy, soft tissue mobilisation, dry needling, massage, miofascial release, electrotherapy (ultrasound, laser, TENS, interferential), strapping, rehabilitation and exercise for orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions such as joint sprains and sports injuries.
We use exercise and rehabilitation for neurological conditions such as stroke and developmental delay, and respiratory techniques and suction for respiratory conditions.
We at Neethling Strauss and Arpesella are a general physiotherapy practice.
We offer treatment for orthopaedic, paediatric, women’s health, neurological, respiratory and post- operative conditions for in-patients at Blaauwberg Netcare.
We also offer out-patient services at 2 Kensal Rd, Parklands and Room A1-5 Blaauwberg Netcare as listed below:
- Assessment and treatment of general musculoskeletal conditions including sports injuries
- Post-operative rehab for back and neck surgeries
- Pilates based back and post-natal classes
- Assessment and treatment of respiratory conditions with rehabilitation
- Councelling and advice on all post-operative conditions relating to physiotherapy
- Rehabilitation to prevent further injuries
- Assessment and treatment of Women’s Health conditions
- Back and neck injuries
- Arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Back rehab classes
- Paediatric respiratory conditions
- Tempero-mandibular joint problems
- Whiplash injuries
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- All orthopaedic related problems like joint sprains, muscle tears and tendonitis
- Ergonomic re-education
- Complete Decongestive Lymphedema Therapy is one of the new services we offer as well as supplementary bandaging and supply of pressure garments.
We offer services to Medical Aid, Private and COIDA patients.
We offer home visits and visits to retirement homes.